THE KINGSTON-SAUGERTIES-RHINEBECK-HYDE PARK AREA
1. Perrine’s Covered Bridge: a one lane wooden bridge, it is the 2nd oldest covered bridge in NYS, pedestrians only, 138 feet long, 20 feet wide, 11 feet of clearance
– Location: in the town of Esopus-Rosendale, I-87, New Paltz, NY 12561
2. Seamon Park: Saugerties, NY 12477
– Beautifully landscaped grounds with fountains, gazebos, and an array of flowers in all
3. The Gardens at the Vanderbilt Mansion: 119 Vanderbilt Park Road, Hyde Park NY 12538
– There are two exquisite gardens that would be perfect for photography options both being stately and romantic. There is the rose garden which features a tiled gazebo and a fountain with roses of all shades. There is also a more formal garden right about the rose garden which features a small pond, statues, and arbors with beautiful winding vines.
1. Clermont State Historic Site: 1 Clermont Avenue, Germantown NY 12526
– The Clermont Estate is located in southwestern Columbia County and is situated on a knoll overlooking the gorgeous Hudson River. There are sweeping views and many ceremony site options including gardens and rolling lawns.
2. Mills Mansion at Staatsburgh Historic Site: 75 Mills Mansion 6 Road, Staatsburg NY 12580
– Mills Mansion is beautifully preserved Beaux-Arts mansion designed by McKim, Mead, and White located in the hamlet of Staatsburg in Dutchess County with views of the Hudson River and rolling hills.
3. Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site: 119 Vanderbilt Park Road, Hyde Park NY 12538
– Vanderbilt Mansion is one of America’s premier examples of country palaces built by wealthy industrialists during the Gilded Age. The mansion is nestled on sweeping grounds with breathtaking views of the Hudson River.
4. **Park areas in Historic Kingston NY can be reserved through visiting their website:
Things-to-Do (for out of town guests:)
1. Hudson River Maritime Museum: 50 Rondout Landing, Kingston NY 12401
– History of wooden boat building on the Hudson: white oak, shipwrights, and varnish.
2. Senate House State Historic Site: 296 Fair Street, Kingston NY 12401
– Comprised of three buildings the Senate House was built in 1676. It was the meeting place of the original NYS Senate after the Revolutionary War. There is a collection of colonial-era artifacts, furniture, and a portrait gallery featuring the works of the famous colonial artist, John Vanderlyn.
3. Rondout Lighthouse: 1 Rondout Landing, Kingston NY 12401
– You can reach this historic 86-year-old lighthouse by boat tours from the Hudson River Maritime Museum.
4. New York Trolley Museum: 89 East Strand, Rondout Landing, Kingston NY 12401
– Wander through the Trolley Museum and it will take you back in time. Experience a ride to Kingston Point Park and ride by beautiful views that the whole family can enjoy!
5. Orpheum Movie Theatre: 156 Main Street, Saugerties NY 12477
– A wonderful old time movie theater in the heart of picturesque downtown Saugerties!
6. Patel’s Kingston Lanes: 644 East Chester Street, Kingston NY 12401
– A family fun bowling alley!
7. Ascot Park: 163 Esopus Avenue, Kingston NY 12401
– Pirate themed miniature golf course, friendly atmosphere! Take the kids mini golfing and dad can go golfing at the driving range!